Headquarters: Svetog Nauma 7, 11000
Office address: Đorđa Vajferta 13, 11000
Phone:: +381 11 4529 323
Discussing the 2023 Enlargement Package and the Functioning of Democratic Institutions in the Western Balkans
We are excited to extend our invitation to you for a thought-provoking and informative webinar titled “Discussing the 2023 Enlargement Package and the Functioning of Democratic Institutions in the Western Balkans”. The European Commission (EC) is about to unveil its highly-anticipated Enlargement Package, consisting of six country reports that will uncover the current state of play of reform processes and, thus, the accession prospects of the Western Balkans. Using the momentum of the publication of reports, the European Policy Centre (CEP Belgrade) will host an online discussion with two aims:
- To present the findings of its 2022/23 research on the Commission’s methodology of assessing one of the Fundamental’s sub-areas such as the Functioning of Democratic Institutions across the region. The results are part of the project supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Italy.
- To delve deeper into the EU’s 2023 Enlargement Package and the current state of democratic institutions in the Western Balkans. Esteemed experts and key speakers in the field from each Western Balkan country will share their knowledge, insights, and recommendations for the region’s path forward.
- Gert Jan Koopman, Director-General for EU Neighbourhood Policy & Enlargement Negotiations (NEAR), European Commission
- Luca Gori, Ambassador of Italy to Serbia
Discussants – members of Think for Europe Network – TEN:
- Strahinja Subotić, Programme Manager and Senior Researcher, European Policy Centre – CEP, Belgrade
- Simonida Kacarska, Director, European Policy Institute – EPI, Skopje
- Arbëresha Loxha Stublla, Executive Director, Group for Legal and Political Studies – GLPS, Pristina
- Haris Ćutahija, Director, Foreign Policy Initiative – FPI BH, Sarajevo
- Daniel Prroni, Researcher, Institute for Democracy and Mediation – IDM, Tirana
- Dragana Jaćimović, Public Policy Researcher, Institute Alternative – IA, Podgorica
Moderator: Milena Mihajlović, European Policy Centre – CEP, Belgrade
To secure your place, please register. We anticipate a lively and informative discussion, and your presence would greatly enrich the conversation.
We look forward to your participation and hope to see you on 9 November 2023.
Photo: Adobe Stock