In cooperation with the European Policy Centre (EPC) from Brussels, European Policy Centre (CEP) and Foundation for Advancement of Economics organise a seminar for the Serbian Civil Society organisations. The seminar “Strengthening the Capacities of CSOs for Policy Monitoring and Evaluation” will take place from 12 to 14 November, 2014 in hotel Relax, Kovačica.
The seminar will aim to improve the skills of CSOs for policy research, explain the mechanisms for communication with the Government, as well as to develop practices for monitoring and evaluation with the support of CSOs. Two-days seminar is organised in the framework of the project Achieving Effective Policy Monitoring and Evaluation through Evidence Supplied by the Civil Society – Public Administration and Social Policy and Employment Sectors, financed by European Union and Office for Cooperation with Civil Society aiming to improve the capacities of civil society organisations in Serbia for efficient involvement in processes of policy monitoring and evaluation in the fields of their operation. The targeted organisations for this seminar are those whose research capacities haven’t had been established yet, but are willing to develop these capacities.
The seminar will seek to provide the answers to the following questions:
- How to identify and design relevant policy research topics?
- How to design a relevant research methodology which can stand the scrutiny of the stakeholders and/or critics?
- Which important elements should an effective policy paper contain?
- Which are the most effective mechanisms for communication between the Government and civil society?
- How to successfully advocate for the research results – which tools work the best for what type of research topics: direct advocacy towards civil servants, towards policy/decision-makers; advocacy towards the civil society and/or the wider public?
Working languages are English and Serbian. All costs in respect to seminar (travel, accommodation and meals) will be covered by CEP and FREN.
The participants will be selected based on the applications received.
We would like to invite Serbian civil society organisations to apply for the seminar and to send filled application form via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2014.