Last several months halve seen increased public attention and awareness about devastating effects of bad air quality. This panel will put the discussion on air pollution in the context of Serbia’s EU accession process, by addressing the issues of financing the environmental protection, Serbia’s position and obligations vis-à-vis the Energy Community and the expectations of anticipated opening of Chapter 27 within the EU-Serbia accession negotiations.
- Antoine Avignon, EU Delegation in Serbia
- prof. dr. Anđelka Mihajlov, ambassador for sustainable development and environmental protection
- Srđan Kukolj, Health and Energy Advisor for the Western Balkans in Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL)
- Dejan Maksimović, researcher, Ecological Centre Habitat
- Zoran Sretić, Associate, European Policy Centre – CEP
Moderator: Ljubica Gojgic, journalist of the Radio Television of Vojvodina
The event will take place in English and Serbian, with simultaneous interpretation.
The discussion is part of a series of debates organised by the Delegation of the EU to Serbia with the European Policy Centre – CEP, which aim to bring the topics related to the EU accession process closer to citizens and give them an opportunity to discuss them. The events are open to the media and to the interested public.